We know that transporting glass to the job site in a safe manner is your number one priority. We also know that there are times when the job requires extra materials and supplies. Sometimes that cargo cannot be secured down with our poles and cleats. When ordering your glass rack, you can request to have rows of E-track added to your rack. Adding E-track increases the functionality of your rack. E-track compatible accessories like tie-downs and straps can secure your cargo. Also, we have developed our patented Second Ledge system to work with the E-track. Our system adds a second row of ledges to your glass rack, giving you more options to secure your cargo.
Video Tutorial: Using E-Track and Ratchet Straps on a Glass Rack
In this video, Dylan Carpenter will demonstrate how to secure product to our glass racks equipped with E-track and using a ratchet strap. Dylan will highlight the key benefits of using E-track and ratchet straps, as well as provide you with tips and tricks for a secure and successful setup. Whether you're new to using E-track and ratchet straps or have been using them for years, this video is a must-watch for anyone looking to safely secure their cargo.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Securing Your Products with E-Track and Ratchet Straps
- Before we get started, we want to make sure the area where we are placing our material is clean and free of debris and the rubber padding on the rack is in good condition.
- We also want to make sure that our product is distributed evenly with largest pieces against front stop.
- First, we want to make sure the strap is not too tight. If it is, go ahead and open the lever and pull on the feed end until the strap is loose.
- Insert the E-Track fitting into a slot so that the strap is completely around your cargo.
- Pull on the adjustable side until you have eliminated the slack.
- Press on the release latch to open the lever and ratchet the strap down until it is tight. Make sure you don’t overtighten it, or you can crush your cargo!
- Once it’s tight, you can roll up the excess strap and tuck it away
- To release the strap, press on the release latch to open the lever fully, and pull on the adjustable side.
Proper securement ensures a safe trip to the jobsite.
Securement is a critical part of a functioning glass rack, and it should not be taken lightly. Adding E-track increases the functionality of your rack. E-track compatible accessories like tie-downs and straps can help secure your cargo. A purpose-built rack, proper glass security, using the right vehicle, and having a safety-first mindset are key to ensuring safe glass transportation. A safety-first mindset is invaluable on the job. Glaziers should double and triple check that cargo is properly secured to the vehicle.